Classical Latin Course for Beginners
Learn to read and write Latin, as well as memorize a large vocabulary of Latin words.
Learn the basics of Classical Latin in this first of two introductory courses. Students who take this course will learn basic Latin grammar and syntax, as well as a comprehensive vocabulary, which expands with each lesson.
Benefits of taking this class include:
- Learning the father language of all Romantic languages (Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, French). This is an excellent gateway language to learning many new languages in the future.
- Learning the etymology of thousands of English words which derive their meaning from Latin.
- Learning the mechanics of a new language will help students come to a better understanding of grammar in their own language.
- Short 3-7 minute lectures for each lesson
- Document accompanying each lesson subject, which includes 10-15 vocabulary word list
- Sentences to translate from Latin to English and English to Latin
- Self-test exams every three chapters
- Answer key for exams and translation exercises
- Bonus vocabulary list (which I will continue to add to)
Lore delivers value at the intersection of learning, interests and skills.
Access learning options recommended by industry experts, professionals and thought leaders.
Quickly search, select and add learning options to your learning list.
Tell us more about yourself to access the latest learning options, curated just for you.