Expected learning & outcomes
- Understand the fundamentals of Node.
- Learn how to build a web server from scratch.
- Connect Node and SQL to build a web application.
- Learn how queries work by understanding CRUD.
- The best practice for structuring a web application.
- Properly manage a database and file uploads.
- Learn how to prevent SQL injections.
- Prepare your application for translations using internationalization.
Skills you'll master / acquire / learn
About this course
Welcome to the Node.js with SQL web development course. This course is aimed at developers who wish to take their skills to the next level. Right from the start, you will learn about Node and what you can do with it.
If you've ever wanted to build your own web applications, then this course is exactly for you. Unlike other courses, you will learn how to build sites using an SQL database rather than a NoSQL database like MongoDB. Don't know a single thing about SQL? That's no problem! This course will get you up to speed on what SQL is and how to use it.
This course covers the fundamentals of Node before diving deep into great tools like Adonis, SQL and Lucid. The entire course is based around a single goal: To make you into a professional Node developer capable of delivering real world production applications.
Learn the latest technologies for Node development. Topics such as ES7 Async/Await are covered and used in a PRACTICAL situation.
Here's what you can expect to learn in this course:
- Learn the fundamentals of Node and web development. Deep dive into topics like HTTP and Buffers.
- Start your own local server with a few lines of code and serve HTML files to the user.
- Dive deep into the Node module system and create your own custom modules for development.
- Integrate a template engine to deliver dynamic content to your users.
- Learn about the MVC architecture to structure your application properly.
- Connect to an SQL database easily. You'll learn about basic concepts like collations, CRUD, and so much more!
- Download and install modules through NPM to further extend the functionality of your application.
- Apply routes and restrict authorization by using middleware.
- Authenticate users using sessions and cookies.
- Validate requests and form input by using a special validation module.
- Understand the concept of IoC (Inversion of control)
- Use ES7 Async/Await to make your code more readable and manageable.
- Prepare your application to be translate ready by learning about Internationalization.
- Process file uploads by checking their type, size and much more!
- Learn great security practices such as hashing, encryption, validation, sanitization, and more!
- Create your own custom commands so you can finish tasks faster
- Learn how to use the AdonisJS framework to create web applications.
- So much more!
It's expected that you'll get stuck at some point. Most courses will just leave you there. You can expect me to answer your questions 24/7. I'm not satisfied until I know you know the concepts discussed in this course. Node and SQL doesn't have to be hard. The biggest mistake most courses and tutorials make is expecting you to learn just by copying code.
In this course, you'll understand the code deeply! This course was built to help you learn and understand NodeJS to make you a competent developer .I guarantee this is the most up-to-date and engaging Node course available, and it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.